Monday, January 30, 2012

Thing #5

One of the articles I read was Web 2.0: A Guide for Educators. I thought this article said everything well. One thing that I really liked that it said was that the internet has gone from "passive to active". I never really thought of it that way but that is a great way to put it. Instead of giving you a fixed amount of information, the internet is now ASKING you to write your oppion about the information. It said that the websites like Facebook and Twitter, etc. are becoming second nature to kids, so it only makes sense that we would have kids learn some information on these social networks. It also talked about how flexible typing is instead of writting.

To me, School 2.0 means, not neccisarily having an all online school, but just including online activities like blogging, discussion boards and all of these other things into the cirriculum, and maybe even adding cirriculum online.

In the future, I believe that students will be even more technologically advanced than they are now, and maybe all of their cirriculum will be online. For example, each student could be issued an iPad to do their work on instead of writting it down with pencil and paper.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that schools are getting more and more technologically advanced. Children have more resources than any generation before them.

    ReplyDelete