Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thing #6

     The site I used from the Web 2.0 list was Flickr. Flickr is a site that allows you to upload your photography and it also lets you upload HD videos. I really liked this website alot because it is so interesting. I liked the site because, for one, it is a good way to get your photography looked at, if you are in that bussiness. It said that over 5 million people use this tool so just imagine how many people look at your pictures. Another thing that I liked was it has a blog portion also. The reason I liked this so much is because now that I have learned alot about blogging, I really think it is a good tool that every website should take advantage of. This website has a lot of storage that allows the user to put many photos up. You can even get more storage than normal if you pay $2.00 a month. That is not bad at all, especially if photography is your job. This website is easy to navigate and easy to sign into. It also has an app for the iPhone, which is very convinient! At the bottom of the home page it has the worlds most interesting photos. It was really cool to go through and look at all of them. The thing that I liked the most about this website was that it had privacy settings, so you can choose who gets to look at your photos. There was one thing that I didn't really like about it was that the videos can only be a minute long. That, to me, was the only down fall about the site. I really think it would be a good tool for the school library to look into. It would be a cool way for students to do projects and it would especially be a helpful website for anyone taking any kind of photography class. The students could upload there photos on the class onto to a Flickr account and they could all look at each others work, not just the teacher. It is a really usefull website and so interesting! I can't wait to get one and I would recommend it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment